Sarah Jessica
For those who prefer to read happy, thankful posts(which I think I am the only one reading my blog--this could be most cathartic but I will rant in depth later), this is NOT that post...No, I am not bitching about how bad my life is but the struggles that I am having, musing about intellectual stuff that no one wants to voice out loud...I may cover these in more detail but here they are:
  1. Am I the only one who see the oxymoron in "literally interpretation" of the Bible?
  2. Why is submission taught as the wife is a voiceless, servant to the husband? No, I do not believe in submission as I have no rhetorical agency, no rational thought, or control over my body...I am not a concubine, nun, or reproductive machine.
  3. Why does Christianity appear to favor the masculine gender? Am I to be silent, submissive, and a second class citizen in church? I don't think so.
  4. Also, I do not believe that God has gender. I believe that God uses gender so that our finite minds can comprehend God's personhood. We can't break out of the binary of gender so God presents the Godhead as masculine. With this caveat, I believe Jesus is male. Just because God genders himself male does not mean that my female gender is any less valued or second class.
  5. Why is it that unbelievers/non-Christians are much better Christians than Christians? I have friends outside my Christian bubble who show more care and concern than my so-called Christian friends. They do weird things like return phone calls, emails, etc. Why can't my so-called Christian friends do this because they are SO busy. I teach 3 college classes, full-time English graduate student, wife, 2 kids, 3 dogs...NO, I have NO clue what busy is but I tried to make time for some of them.
  6. Could a best friend at this moment--job is open till filled, well, always open...
Yes, the bitter diatribe is finished. Perhaps, I shall post a more thankful musing later.
0 Responses

Post a Comment